The Sports Clubs are overseen by Mr Wells, who is the coordinator for PE and Clubs. The sports clubs are set up to provide children with skills that will ensure a lifetime of sports participation. The aim is to build a sound base from which the children can develop in sport and in every aspect of their lives. In short the sports club can be related to as the ‘nursery school of sport.
The school uses the services of PSD, who provide a sports coach to teach PE as well as lead various sports clubs. The sports coach has an enthusiastic approach and has many years of experience and is attentive to the capabilities, needs and progress of our children:
- Positive, fun, non-threatening environment.
- Development of gross motor function and co-ordination.
- Concern about emotional well-being and ‘life skills` development.
- Specialised equipment and coaching techniques
- Children developing skills in football, hockey, netball, basketball, cricket and rugby.
For more information about the school clubs that run at our school, please contact the school office.